Monday, April 4, 2011

Winter Waves


        This has been one heck of a winter surf season. Both Nick Selway and I got some amazing days in the water. We photographed many surf-breaks throughout the state. I just wanted to share some of our favorite shots from our many days in the water. First the shot above was taken on my last day in the water this year at Sandies beach on Oahu at sunrise. These next few were taken on various days at Hapuna beach park.

EYE OF THE STORM

ORANGE CRUSH

ETCHED GLASS

SHAVED ICE

INTO THE BLUE

        The next few images are all taken at Kua Bay. Where Nick was on his A game this year he smoked me every time out at this spot this year. I guess he is at one with this break. 

FISHEYE KUA BAY

GLASS HOUSE

LIQUID GLASS

        I got quite a few days in the water at Magic Sands beach and a few good images to show for my time. 

JAMERSON'S CURL

MAJIC GLOW

        We had a few days on the north shore of Oahu this year. One day we photographed Rock-piles  and then made our way to Keiki Beach for some slamming shore break.

ROCK PILES FRAMED

GREAT WALL

WHERE HEAVEN MEETS EARTH

The next trip over to Oahu I was in some of the biggest surf that I have ever photographed. In fact the day I went out was so big they were going to hold the Eddie Aikau surf competition which is only held when it is 25 ft Hawaiian style so 50ft faces at Waimea bay. The wind conditions were unfavorable so they didn't hold the competition. A little further down the road and latter when the winds had dyed down the conditions were epic and huge. I was the only one out in this massive surf as the sunset but it was well worth it. 

BLACK AND WHITE

SYMMETRY

SURFERS SUNSET

        It has been a great surf season and our time in the water has been rewarded by many great new wave images. The few that I have shown here are just a small taste of what we got this year. If you want to see more check out our wave galleries on our website. : Lava Light Galleries
                                                Aloha and thanks for reading CJ Kale






















No comments:

Post a Comment