Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Marine life madness!!




Well where do I begin? The last week I have been in the water everyday. I went out with turtles, octopus, eels, and dolphins on my birthday. I got to snorkel with my son Kai, Nick, Bandera, Don and Linda over the last week. It's always great to do what you love but to get to do it with people you love make it even better.


In the shot above "I call Charlie bit me" I watched as one turtle bite another. I don't know why.


This was another thing that I haven't see before. This eel was curled up with a turtle. I think he just thought the turtle was part of the reef.




The octopus above was just minding his own business posing for me until the turtle came over to see what I was doing and spooked him. I feel bad that the poor guy had to ink to get away. I don't think the turtle was coming for him. This turtle was coming over to check me out every few minuets to see what I was doing there with that big camera case.





I had a lot of time to play with above below shots as the turtles were shallow, close to shore and circling me. I haven't tried to get this type of shot before, just took me a little while to work it all out. I like these shots a lot, as they are challenging to capture. I'm sure you will be seeing more of these from me as I perfect my skills with this difficult shot.





The spot I've been going out at has so many turtles that almost every frame has 2 turtles in it.




On my birthday I got to spend it in the water with Nick Selway and Bandera. We were surrounded by dolphins the whole morning. As an added treat we had a manta swim by and I saw an octopus deep below.




This is how different each of the turtle photos could be in this one spot. 




There are so many turtles and they are so curious you can just hang with them for hours. Most of the time you have to back up as they are swimming right at you and to close to frame up.




What I am still looking for is a active turtle cleaning station with yellow tangs. It will happen one day and I'll be stoked. Until then the one I have below will have to do.


Below are some photos of my son and of my good friends that have spent the days out with me. It has been a fantastic week and I look forward to many more like it before surf season gets here soon and I will then be spending my days in the pounding surf having fun that way.




Lastly here is the eel that Don was photographing above.















No comments:

Post a Comment